2000/05/30

Bad Girls S2E09 : The Leaving

The Leaving 離情依依

第二季開始進入最後一段高潮.這一集堪稱是本季最哀傷的故事,Zandra將要永遠離開拉寇.或許是預知死亡紀事,獄中的同伴不斷在她四周圍繞流動.有不少群戲片段,攝影的場面調度和節奏都非常精采,再加上感人的劇本,令人非常懷念的一集.

我很欣賞Bad Girls Annex發表的Judgment Day所做的劇本分析.借取幾個重點來發揮.「事實/真相」是這一集最強的主題.一開始便點出Babara猶如不定時炸彈的日記.她紀載的觀點隨著時間而變化,如果只看某一個時間點來評判,就會限於一時的好惡,沒有全貌.是不是很像判官的生死簿?Babara始終不了解日記的強大力量,落到像Shell這種壞人,就容易受到曲解,製造破壞.結果,在第三季又引起一次危機.

Zandra的真相歷程是:一開始大家都避而不談她垂死的事實.她受困在虛偽中痛苦不已.雖然,Shell隨性地說出Zandra將死,但她只是點出死亡的皮毛,沒有賦予肉體終結的解脫.Shell再一次濫用片段的真相.當Zandra終於坦然面對死亡--在眾人的歡笑中離開,她在喪禮上用遺書預告所有真相,既赦免曾粗暴待她的Denny,也對自已的作為認錯.

Judgment Day還點出一個真相.Zandra與Dominic一直若隱若現的情愫.Zandra至少把握機會,該說該吻都做了,算是美夢成真,死而無憾.連Nikki都勸他要開懷擁抱.可惜,他最放不開,所以這一集他最痛苦.

這一集還有個特色.曾經遭到Shell欺負或控制的人都起身反抗.Zandra曾一進獄就被Shell虐待,這次由她對Shell下逐客令;總是幫Shell當打手的Denny,少見地違抗命令,維護新室友Shaz;連五十幾歲的Babara,也彷彿綠巨人浩克,轉用憤怒的能量把Shell推倒打斷手臂.

Bad Girls Annex提醒我們注意Shell名字的來源.Shell是Michelle的簡稱,原有"who is like/resembles God 宛如上帝"的意思.她也一直自以為是.在Crystal第一次入獄時,Shell對她嗆聲:"In here, I'm God. Remember it! 在這裡,我毫是上帝.記住這一點!" 我想到了這一集,大家都已置之不理.

Babara公然地用筆記本批評爛伙食,還準備向典獄長抗議.老實說,這種態度很挑釁.碰到餐廳當差的Shell,簡直是火上加油,再加上當時她擁護Karen,更由不得一場惡鬥.





Karen似乎用另一種策略對待Shell.在那麼多風浪後,還是讓她回到升等廂.
Jim: Come on! Dockley, get a move on. 快點!杜,動作快.
Nikki: Are you gonna go in there and give her a hand, Sir. ? 你要不要進去助她一臂之力,長官? (有人提醒我要注意這句的性暗示)
Jim: Shut up! Wade. 閉嘴!魏.
Shell: I really appreciated all the support I have been given, Sir. I won't let you and Miss Bett down. I promise. 很感謝你對我所有的協助,長官.我保證不會讓你和貝女士失望.
Jim: Cut off the speeches, Dockley. There's no Oscars in here. 別再演講了,杜.這又不是奧斯卡頒獎典禮.

Shell: Don't be a stranger, NOW! 別見外嘛!
Nikki: The place won't be the same without you. 這裡少了妳還真不一樣.
Shell: Oh! BaBes. Don't worry! I'll keep in touch. 哦!寶貝,別擔心!我會保持聯絡.
(我真不知道Nikki在看什麼球路.)


<Bad Girls>幾次操場外景都拍得很細膩.這一幕Zandra和Dominic邊走邊談,Zandra提到她的小孩,四周人潮流動,人影閃去,他們自成一個世界.後來Dominic抱著他的孩子,是獄官看起來最有人性的一幕.




另一方面,Crystal向Josh解釋難言之隱.但是他認為自己被排除在外,沒有獲得尊重,氣得把求婚戒子丟給Crystal.這個男人出現時並不討好,到此刻人氣已到趺停板.





當Crystal看著戒子暗自難過戀情的波折,Zandra爬上床來告解她對死亡的恐懼.Crystal立刻把Josh置之腦後,描述死亡的出世觀:"就像是離開了監獄,走進充滿新鮮空氣與燦爛陽光的地方,把所有的壞事拋在身後."

Zandra還擔心死後的事情,因為她從沒上過教堂,也很少禱告.於是她開始禱告:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
And if I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.


又到了每日一記的時間.
Babara: Oh! I forget my notebook. I think I'll just go back and get it. 我忘了帶筆記本.我要回去拿.
Nikki: Still recording that our "diet" for, Babes. 還在紀錄我們的伙食啊,親愛的.
Babara: Absolutely. 當然.
Nikki: Saving your place in the queue. 我幫妳留位置.


Babara的日記早已引起Shell的好奇.
Babara: What do you think what you are doing? 妳在做什麼?
Shell: Having a good read. 好好欣賞.
Babara:You got no right. 妳沒有權力看.
Shell: Oh! Really? I got every right. After all it's some of its about me, isn't it? Oh, Yeah. Here we are. Shell Dockley is definitely a psychopathy. That's not very nice, is it? BaBes. 是嗎?我當然有.畢竟有些內容寫到了我.哦,就是這裡."雪兒杜根本是精神病." 很不厚道,不是嗎?親愛的.
Babara: Give it back! 還給我!
Shell: I think we have forgotten manners, haven't we? What do you say? 妳忘了禮貌,是嗎?該怎麼說?
Babara: Please! 請還我!
Shell: Afraid I can't. I haven't finished it. 恕難從命.我還沒讀完.
Babara: I'll report you. 我要告發妳.
Shell: Who to? Hollamby? that idle good for nothing beggar. 向誰?何女士?不過是浪費時間.

Zandra也在寫東西,想來應該是寫給Crystal的遺書.Dominic進來激起了最後的火花.
Zandra: Sometimes I ... 有時候我.....
Dominic: What? 什麼事?
Zandra: Sometimes I daydream about what things could have been like if I didn't have this. I'd have got clean, I'd have finished my sentence, and then ... when I got out, maybe ...有時候我會想像,如果沒有發生這些事會怎麼樣?我戒了毒,服完刑....等我出去,或許....
Dominic 點點頭,盡在不言中.
Zandra: Don't s'pose it would have worked, would it? 說不定會有結果,對吧?
Dominic: Don't s'pose. [pausing] It might've. 不是說不定,是很可能.

受了這麼大的鼓舞,Zandra主動吻了Dominic,第二次改由Dominic還吻.
Dominic: I shouldn'ta done that. Sorry. 我不該這樣做.對不起.(這句話與Nikki第一次意外吻起Helen的台詞一模一樣)
Zandra: Don't be. At least one of my dreams came true. 別說對不起.至少,我有一個夢想成真了.(Dominic比當時的Nikki幸運多了.Helen當時責怪Nikki,那像Zandra高興都來不及.)

這一場操場外景連接得真精彩.從二個最關心Zandra的人開始及結束.Crystal一人走出來,鏡頭跟著她加入一群獄友.





Crystal提議大家來為Zandra祈禱,可是眾人興趣缺缺,反而改成辦個歡樂酒會.由於一通電話進線,打散了群眾.Shell追著Babara走.





Shell嘲諷Babara一開始和Nikki同住時,竟然向Jim Fenner告狀."搞不懂為何妳認為費拿值得信任.他對妳做了什麼?" Babara趕緊走向Nikki,稱那是Shell的老掉牙笑話.




Nikki比較關心的是Zandra,看到Dominic便趨前詢問.
Nikki: How's Zandara today, then? 珊德拉今天如何?
Dominic: Crystal said. She's not up to coming out.. 克莉斯朵說她不願出來...
Nikki: Are you alright? 你還好嗎?(Nikki問的是Dominic的情況)
Dominic:Fine. 很好.
Nikki: I know she really appreciated everything you were doing for her. 我曉得她很感激你為她做的一切.
Dominic: I don't know about that. I think it might be better to have another personal officer. Someone who is… I don't know! 我不知道.或許該另找一位個人獄官.一個比較....我不知道.
Nikki: Less involved! 比較沒有付出情感的人.

Dominic: If you can't step back from it, you hand it over to someone else, it's a good rule.. 如果感情不能抽離,最好轉交給別人.這是很好的規定....
Nikki: What's more important, though? That someone that has had nothing but shit all her life finds a little bit of luck at the last minute. Or that you have the satisfaction of knowing you haven't broken any rules. What I'm saying is “Don't beat yourself about it!!” 那什麼是重要的?在她悲慘的一生中,終於在最後一刻找到小小的幸福?還是,你慶幸沒有違反規定?我認為,你不該自我設限.

Nikki離開Dominic,留下他一人沈思一會,然後走出畫面.你看,這段是不是處理得很明快俐落?

如果Crystal為Zandra解開恐懼,這一次是Nikki試圖解開Babara不願面對Shell的恐懼.
Nikki: Didn't see you at lunch. 沒看到妳用中餐.
Babara: I wasn't hungry. 我不餓.
Nikki: Come on! Speak it out! It's Dockey, isn't it? 算了!說吧!是杜,對不對?
Babara: She's got my notebook. 她拿走我的筆記本.
Nikki: I see. Didn't think she'd know a word like I'm trust worthy. 原來如此.看不出來她有相信裡面的內容,例如我很值得信任.
Babara: And I can't report her because there are things about the screws. 我不能告發她,因為書裡也寫到獄官.
Nikki: You wouldn't want to do that, anyway. If you grass, wouldn't just be Dockley who's on your back. 不必告發.如果抖出來,找碴的人就不只是杜而已.
Babara: Then, What do I do? 我該怎麼辦?
Nikki: I would offer to go and kick her face for you but…我願意幫妳去扁她,但....
Babara:No, I know you got to keep out of trouble if you are going to appeal. 不,我了解妳要準備上訴就不能惹事生非.
Nikki: Not just that! Look! It would only put her off for a while. She'd catch you on your own at some point. You have to take her on yourself. 不只如此.聽著!我只能擋她一陣子.她遲早會再找上妳.妳必須自己制住她.(這一集的重點,就是得自己面對)
Babara: Yeah! I can just see that, me, a 50 yrs woman fight Shell Dockley. 是哦!我一個50歲的女人去對抗雪兒杜.
Nikki:Whatever. You can't keep running away or she'll make your life hell. 不管怎樣,妳不能一直躲避,要不然她會讓妳生不如死.

Yvoone不知從何弄進一批酒,贊助這場派對.沒多久,Shell便挑明這是Zandra死前的聚會--完全說中了.大家對這句不得體的對話,張大眼不可置信.



這場的取景,可以看到Shell幾乎不會和大家一起出現在同一鏡頭.除了空間狹小,亦暗喻道不同,不相為謀.不論Denny這一季如何融入大家,她依然是屬於Shell那一邊的人.



Zandra展現無比的闊達."沒錯,真高興有人明說.這不影響我找樂子."





Shell真的很沒有社交能力.
Shell: So. What's it like sharing a cell with Wade, then? 和魏當室友是什麼感覺?
Babara: Fine! 很好!
Shell: Just that I thought lesbians give you the creeps. Babes reckons that if you could meet a nice young man that all. Your problem will be solved. 我想拉子有騷擾過妳.芭芭拉認為如果妳能碰上一個好男人,就能解決妳的問題.
Nikki: I think you'll find your information is a bit of out of date, right? Barbara? 妳的消息有點過時了,對不對,芭芭拉?
Babara: Yes! 沒錯!
Nikki: Why don't you tell us where you got this from? Dockley. 妳為什麼不告訴大家這些話是打那兒來?姓杜的.

Shell: Alright, I will. I nicked a little diary, didn't I? Cause I didn't see how it was right to see this bleeding nuter stand around making notes on all of us without us having a right to see them. 好,我說.我偷看了一本日記.因為沒有道理讓一個混蛋紀錄我們的事,卻不讓我們看.
Crystal: What ain't right is you nicking someone's diary. That's their private thoughts, isn't it? 妳偷看日記就是犯錯.這是別人私隱私權.
Shell: Oh! So it's alright for you to sit here being all nice to Zan. What's she really thinking is you deserved to have your baby being taken off you. 噢,妳坐在這裡對珊德拉好就沒事.她可是認為妳活該被搶走孩子.
Babara: How dare you! Use Zandra to get at back me like that. Why don't you go and get the notebook. Shell? Then, you can show them all in black and white. She won't, because the she' ll see all the other things, I wrote about you.妳真大膽!竟然利用珊德拉來攻擊我.妳為什麼不把筆記本拿過來,雪兒?把所有的是非供出來.她不敢,因為她會看見從頭到尾我是怎麼寫妳(Zan).

But it's true, I did write those things she said. But it was stupid, it was ignorant and it was before I got to know you all. The only person I haven't changed my mind about is you. You are a psychopathy, and you are cruel and you are spiteful. 確實,我寫了她講得那些句子.那很愚蠢,很無知,那些都是我真正認識妳(Zan)之前寫的.唯一一位我沒有改變印象的就是妳(Shell).妳是精神病,既殘酷又惡毒.
Shell: You had better get out of here now before I cut your smug little face up. 妳最好離開,免得我割掉妳的一臉得意.
Zandra: She ain't going nowhere! This is my party and I can ask who I want. It's you to that can piss off, Shell! 她不必離開!這是我的派對,由我邀請.妳才是該滾開的人,雪兒! (這個女生在最後一刻發出無比光彩.)
Shell: Suits me! It's boring, anyway. It's like being at a bloody funeral. 隨便!反正很無聊.好像參加喪禮.

Dominic故意發行她們的派對,而且阻止Bodybag去掃興.他傾聽她們傳來的笑聲,一顆心糾結在一起.他憂鬱的臉孔令人心碎,好像他預感就在今日.




一個電話進線,開始死亡的倒數計時.
矮茱高興得說:"It's vibrating! 在震動了!" Nikki此時竟跑出一句:"I've got to get me one of those! 我一定要給自己弄一台." 太好笑了!難怪213要逃出去找Helen.


眾人暄鬧著要學羊叫.Zandra跟著笑得開懷.或許情緒過於激昂,引起病發.她臉色一變,整個身體像抽去了生命支撐力,不支倒地.





我不想看見她口角流血的的特寫.那種畫面配她的死亡太廉價.寧願只顯示到香煙落地,再一個溶景接到煙熄蒂盡.人,就走遠了.





Crystal找到Zandra的遺書,在喪禮上分享:
"The good thing about knowing you're gonna die is that you get to say stuff that you wouldn't get away with if you were still alive.
知道自己將死,有個好處:你可以暢所欲言生前不敢說的事.

I can just picture you all sitting there - my mates, and all the screws, old Bodybag, and Mr Fenner eyeing up all the women when he thinks the Gov's not looking.
我可以想像大家都坐在這裡:我的室友、所有獄官、老Bodybag,還有費先生老瞄著所有的女人,以為典獄長沒看出.

I want to say thanks to all my special mates for sticking by me. Denny, who ain't the brightest person in the world, but who always made me laugh. The 2 Julies, for being like a mum to me. Mr McAllister, I'm sure he won't mind me calling him Dominic. Dominic you stuck by me and got me off the smack. But most of all, Crystal, my best friend. She helped me not to be afraid of dying. Love you Crystal.
謝謝所有支持我的獄友.丹妮,不是世界上最開朗的人,卻總能逗我笑.雙茱如同我的母親.麥先生,我想他不介意我稱他多明尼克.你一直在我身旁,幫我戒掉毒癮.特別是克莉斯朵,我最好的朋友.她幫助我不懼怕死亡.我愛妳,克莉斯朵.

I done a lot of bad things in my life that I ain't proud of, the best thing I ever did was have my baby, Robbie, but I even messed that up in the end. I'd like to hold him one last time, tell him how sorry I am and how much I love him, but I can't. I hope one day one of my mates can tell him instead.
這一生我做了許多不光采的壞事,唯一的好事是生下我的寶貝,羅比.但我最後還是搞砸了.我想要再一次抱住他,告訴他我很對不起他,我很愛他,但是我做不到了.希望有朝一日,我的獄友能幫我代勞.

PS I want you to sing Kumbayah when you finish this. Not because I like it, but I remember how it used to drive old Bodybag mad when you sang it all the time.
附註:我希望結束時能唱Kumbayah.並非我喜歡這首曲子,而是我記得大家齊唱時總能逼瘋Bodybag.

真是一個出色的下台,連Bodybag都不得不跟著唱起Kumbayah.

喪禮之後,Shell仍然保有虐人的興致.
Shell: I'm going back to my cell now, see if I can remember where I hid that nice sharp razor blade. 我要回房了,看看找不找得到我藏的小尖刀.
Nikki: Dockley, do us all a favor, when you find it, use it on yourself. 姓杜的,拜託妳,找到刀子,請自行享用.


Zandra離開,補上新人Shaz.小朋友還當監獄是夏令營.倒是Di介紹室友時:"Crystal's got religion; and Denny - Denny's got charm. 克莉斯朵很虔誠,而丹妮....丹妮有魅力" 真奇怪,她怎麼能預知Denny和Shaz會成為一對?

Denny不愧是Gaydar仍在,老是打量Shaz.Shell想要虐待Shaz,被Denny硬是擋下來.Shell想探對方罪狀大小,Shaz隨口說出三條人命.Shell完全佔不到上風. 

Nikki似乎看見Shell失了心防.
Nikki: Right! It's your chance. 快!這是妳的機會.
Babara: I can't ! 我不行.
Nikki: It's all bluff. Babara. Even with her. Just act confident. She got shit for brains. You can out do her any day, okay! I'll be waiting outside. You've got to face her on your own. 都是唬人的,芭芭拉.對她也是.自信一點.她現在精神差,妳可以制服她.我會在外面等.妳要自己面對她.

終於到了虎穴.
Shell: Nice to see you, Babes! What can I do you for? 妳好嗎,親愛的.有何指教?
Babara: You can give me back my notebook. 筆記本還我.
Shell: Go on, then! I have finished it, anyway. Well! Hurry up or I'll change me. Mind..... Too late, I just have----.拿去啊!反正我唸完了.快啊,免得我改變主意.......來不及了,我要....

Nikki偷偷走了.
Babara: Nikki! 尼琪!
Shell: Shame! Looks like she's chickened out. I tell you what, made a good bedtime reading, special the bit about your old man, Peter. I bet he wasn't dying of cancer, was he? I bet you just got sick of him. Now! Why would that be, Babes? Wasn't he giving you any…? 可惜!她落跑了.我告訴妳最好的睡前故事是妳家老頭,彼得.他不是死於癌症吧?是妳厭倦他吧.為什麼呢,親愛的?他給妳....?

Shell說到Babara的痛處.這個痛處不是致命點,反而是力量源.
Babara: Don't you dare even say his name. Not ever.  妳不配稱呼他的名諱.別想.
Babara一發威,把Shell推到地上.

獄中人來人往,日日悠長,可是Zandra已經離開.明天,她不會再像往常一樣,站在窗後,等待Dominic來上班.他回頭望了一眼窗後,那個人,明天不會再出現了.

2000/05/23

Bad Girls S2E08 : Babes Behind Bars

Babes Behind Bars 獄中尤物

這一集不但Helen銷聲匿跡,連Jim Fenner都不見了.除了Yvonne的色情電話副業,還有Crystal-Josh及Zandra-Dominic的情節,感覺盡是異性戀為主的劇情.Afterellen批評這一集太無聊,太肥皂.可是我覺得這一集就<Bad Girls>堅持的女性情誼和另類道德的描述依然非常精采.

本集女性情誼的代表是Crystal與Zandra的友情.很多人不了解為什麼後來她們兩人的友情如此深厚.其實在DVD未收錄的片段有些她們互動的過程鋪陳,正片少了這些片段,就覺得轉折快了一點.

為了不讓Crystal與Zandra之間被渲染成女女情,編劇很賣力地高懸雙方的異性戀旗幟.Josh陷入熱戀,老是想著Crystal出獄後倆人的美好未來;Dominic擔憂Zandra的病情,寄望她可以藉重病,告假出獄,以自由之身安渡餘生(幾個月的生命).

有趣的是,男人都認為出獄是最好的解決方法.女人反而認為在能出獄而不出獄的情況下,才是最佳對策.對Crystal而言,甚至是情感的最佳選擇--女性情誼(或是獄中家族)優於男女關係.

另一種型式的女性情誼,發生在Karen與Shell.在這一個階段,Karen對Shell投以相當的同情心,努力安排Shell母女會面.Shell認為幼年時的性侵害肇因於母親的縱容,為了保護自己的子女,Shell依靠Karen的支持,決定小孩不再交由母親撫養,而是委託寄養.

Crystal是暫時放棄了男女關係,選擇Zandra;Shell則是放棄原有的家人,認同Karen--至少在這一刻,Karen是她的盟友.

當Shell事後把小孩的照片撕去時,Afterellen認為這是Shell一貫的精神不正常,可是Bad Girls Annex的主筆Jennifer T.(就是她幫我潤英文稿子)在:Mothers and Medicine卻用另一個觀點來詮釋這一幕,撕相片象徵著小孩脫離不健全的撫養關係.

本集另類道德的代表是Babara與Crystal.兩位看起來循規蹈矩的人,各有不同的道德堅持.連Karen都有彈性的一面,是她想到方法讓Zandra出獄.Crystal原本最為食古不化,為了Zandra卻一百八十度改變,而燎起薪火的便是Babara.

I only obey rules I respect,這句不只是Babara的心聲,後來也成為Crystal的心聲.影集開場沒多久,Babara便揭開了大麻的正邪爭議:
Nikki: Tomoto plants. 這是蕃茄作物
Babara: Very unusual variety, isn't it? 「很特別的品種」,不是嗎?
Nikki: I think they have got a touch of blite actually. 我認為它們的果實很茂盛.(Nikki繼續瞎說)
Babara: They have certainly got a touch of something. 它們確實有特殊之處.
Nikki: I had a letter from Helen this morning. She told me I had better be keeping my nose clean. I reckon this little lot is gonna have to be mulched. 今早我收到海倫的信.她要我別惹事生非.我想這一小塊地得翻土重耕.(到底誰曾使用過大麻?都沒被發現?)
Babara: It is interesting, isn't it? Hundreds years ago, Cannibis was regarded as a perfectly legal treatment for all sorts of ailments. 真有趣,不是嗎?幾百年前,大麻是治療各種慢性病的最佳合法療方.
Nikki: Surprised you'd know that, Barbara. 真訝異妳懂得這種事,芭芭拉.
Babara: I grew it myself for my husband during his illness. Seems an awful waste of a perfectly good herbal remedy, particularly when poor Zandra's been only given a few paracetemol. 我先生臥病時,我親手種植過.珊德拉只能得到幾顆止痛劑時,這麼好的草藥真是白白浪費. 

Babara話鋒一轉:
Babara: We can say it came from me. 就說是我種的.
Nikki: I really don't get you, Barbara. One minute you're Mrs. Middle England. Next minute you're offering to be a drug mule. I mean, Excuse me! 真搞不懂妳,芭芭拉.前一分鐘妳還是英格蘭中部的老古板,下一分鐘妳想變成藥頭.妳是怎麼搞的!
Babara: I only obey rules I respect, Nikki. Which, in this place I assure you, means very few. 我只遵守我信服的規定,尼琪.我敢說,在這裡屈指可數.

天真的Babara真的拿一包大麻給Crystal,要她烘乾後交給Zandra止痛.Crystal的反應,當然是唾棄加丟棄,直接塞在廚餘桶(還好都是乾燥的菜葉).還說惡人會以各種形式的偽裝出現.真是狗咬呂洞賓.

Crystal的方正原本是一種美德,一旦她需要灰色的彈性空間,比別人要付出更大的代價:包含她犧牲短暫的自由和愛情.


Dominic陪同Zandra再進行一次掃瞄確認.得到的結果是罹患腦瘤,只剩下幾個月的生命(我同意這個安排太肥皂了).可憐Zandra頭痛欲裂,獄醫也提供不出有效的治療.Crystal於心不忍,終於回想到Babara先見之明的善意.




當Crystal回頭找Babara商量,Nikki竟給她吃排頭.
Crystal: May I ask you something? 可不可以請教妳?
Babara: What? 什麼事?
Crystal: That weed you gave me, would it really help Zandra not to feel so much pain? 妳給的的植物,真的可以減緩珊德拉的痛苦?
Babara: So you haven't given it to her, then? 妳還沒給她嗎?
Crystal: Well I would if you got some more? 如果還有,我會給她.
Babara: Well. I haven't. 我沒有了.
Crystal: What am I going to do? I have got to get her something. You all know she has been told. 我該怎麼辦?我得給她些東西.妳們知道她的病情.
Nikki: Yeah! We heard. You know what the joke is, Crystal? If she were being treated outside, they'd probably be giving her heroine now. Not with your approval, I'm sure! 是啊,我們聽說了.妳知道最大的笑話是什麼?如果她在外面接受治療,現在恐怕已在施打海洛英.根本不需要得到妳的許可. (Nikki有時候太得理不饒人)
Crystal: I know what are you thinking about me, but I'd do everything for her right now. Please I need your help. 我知道妳們怎麼批評我,但是我現在想盡一切力量幫助她.我需要妳們幫忙.
Nikki: Yeah! I'm sorry but personally, I'm not into anything right now. Anyway from what I gather you are the one with the best contact for getting stuff in here. 我很遺憾,但我沒興趣.我的建議是找個人把東西帶進來.
Crystal: What to you mean? 什麼意思?
Nikki: That boyfriend of yours. 妳的男友.
Crystal: Eh? 哦?
Nikki: He's who everybody else uses, isn't he? 所有人都利用過他,不是嗎?

Crystal找上Josh幫忙,起初把他嚇得半死,連說不敢再做了.沒想到他的最後一票是幫水晶聖女偷渡止痛劑.看Josh深情款款地把東西交給女友.Crystal接著憐惜地交給Zandra.


Zandra原有出獄的機會,但是她舉目無親,出去也無處投靠.她請求Crystal和Josh能收留.Crystal知道男友並不喜歡額外負擔.Crystal決定多留一陣子陪同Zandra,故意舉發自已持有大麻.

Zandra發現這個傻室友要被關禁閉,感動地擁抱她.相形之下,Josh孤零零地站在門外等待,變成強烈對比.不過,Crystal之後會嚐到被放鴿子的苦果.真正出獄時,完全沒有想像中的美好.

Yvonne逃獄不成,在獄中突發奇想做起虛擬通路的生意,用手機經營色情電話,用網路打廣告宣傳.雙茱是老手,順理成章加入班底,連Denny都想跨界做起異性戀的生意.

雙茱傳授的技巧很簡單,只要吸吸手指、呻吟浪語,再配上喘息聲就能水到渠成.

"behind bars"是坐牢的意思,"Babes Behind Bars"就等於是Girls in Prison.所以有<Bad Girls>的影迷網站直接拿這一集的劇名當網站名稱.當然也被一些色情影片採用為片名.

有了仲介、通路、商品,接下來就是廣告宣傳,Yvonne腦筋動到Babara的身上.
Yvonne:Do you mind if I....我可不可以.....
Nikki: Be our guest. 妳請便.
Yvonne: Yeah, Barbara! You are a bit of a whiz on the computer, aren't you? 呀,芭芭拉!妳很懂電腦,對吧?
Babara: Well! I wouldn't exactly say that. 我是不敢自誇. 
Yvonne: But you do know your way around this internet lark. 但是妳確實知道如何運用網路吧.
Babara: Yes. Alright! 沒錯!
Nikki: I think you are about to prove invaluable, Barbara! 妳可以證明妳的價值了,芭芭拉! (Nikki笑得很詭異,不管知不知道Yvonne打什麼算盤,反正絕不是正經事.)

獄中沒有走私不了的東西,Denny再度利用聲東擊西的老招,一口氣偷渡4部手機進來.如果是現今3G的時代,不曉得Yvonne會什麼玩花樣?

色情電話是販賣想像力的行業.雙茱善用花名包裝商品賣點,不但押韻上口,而且點出特色.高茱叫做 "Whiplash Wanda 鞭女汪達",矮茱叫做"Saucy Sonia 淫女珊雅".在產品組合上,不但能提供客人一對一服務,還能聯手組成nympho sisters 色情姊妹. 

Denny原本想用Gail當花名,大家一致反對.雙茱建議"Vicki the Virgin Bride 處女新娘維琪".雙茱還為這個商品設定情境,什麼都不懂的少女,"Got banged up before she got....banged up. 在她被佔有之前,先趕來佔有吧" (唉,男人的處女情結)

小時候,我家附近有小姐陪坐的咖啡屋,門口看板都寫些娜娜、麗麗這種不痛不癢的名字.我和表哥曾偷偷把看板搬到某一家小旅館的門口,沒多久,他們就把看板找回來.這種惡作劇大概有二三次.我的西門町童年回憶之一.

大家問起Yvonne的花名,她開起Bodybag的玩笑:"Oh, it's gotta be something with discipline for me, girls. Call me Sylvia Hollamby, the stern screw that likes strictness and spankin'. Disobedience will be severely dealt with! 一定要顯出我的紀律感.就叫做斯維亞.荷蘭比,一個苛刻的獄官,喜歡嚴管勤教和體罰.違反規定者將受嚴厲處置!"

Babara幫Yvonne申請免費的網站,見怪不怪地表示,很多犯罪行為都利用網路.為了讓網站容易被檢索到,還要去搜尋引擎登錄.她需要輸入關鍵字,例如性、電話.....她回頭等Yvonne提供意見,Yvonne笑著問她,妳準備接招了嗎?Babara輕鬆回應,我準備好好享受這一次的經驗.

在<Bad Girls>年長的女士都有才智可以發揮,上一季的Monica光靠語調就能助人.而Babara更先進到會上網.在2000年那個時候,網路使用者的角色都是配給年輕男子,用年長女士來表現,大概只有<Bad Girls>才能不落俗套.

手機來電以震動顯示,在當時是個新鮮事.她們就以這種方式,再加上耳機,光天化日之下就在接生意.Yvonne居然還加油添醋:"You'll get a good vibration down your cleavage.放在妳兩腿之間就可以享受震動的效果." 別傻了,手機的震動效果應該只有心理效果吧.

Denny第一通電話沒照處女新娘的角色來演,把對方痛罵了一頓,沒想到對方就是被虐待狂,打進來希望Denny調教.小妮子喜出望外,撂下狠話,我還沒開始出招呢.

我突然想起在<Adored, Diary of a Male Porn Star 男人香>,演同志色情影片的男主角解釋理想職業的三個條件:1)你最擅長、2)你有興趣、3)別人會付錢給你.

沒有了第三項,不叫職業,而叫興趣;沒有第二項,就會成為不快樂的工奴;至於沒有第一項,就很容易丟飯碗,或是昇遷不易.Denny誤打誤撞,在色情電話找到適合的切入點.她在這一季跟著Yvonne,整個角色變得討喜起來.等到她和小T成一對,我們以後回想起<Bad Girls>前三季,就會記得,除了Helen-Nikki,還有另一組配對.

2000/05/16

Bad Girls S2E07 : The Setup

The Setup 自設陷阱

繼上一集Helen告知她又回到Larkhall服務,這一集她正式帶職出現在舊屬面前.不過,少了Dominic,歡迎的氣氛顯得很冷淡.Bodybag的表情,表明完全不歡迎她.

Karen : Now. We're all here, I know there is no need for an introduction. You all know Helen. You are going to see her quite a bit of in Larkhall.
各位,不需要我介紹,你們都認識海倫.她將會常常出現在拉寇.

Helen has been promoted to Grade4 and is going to work for area management in a special work project linked lifer report at 745. Part her job is to put together data to help asset why Brit has more women lifers than any country in Europe.
海倫晉陞為四職等,將服務於區域管理,投入關於終身犯的專案計劃.其中有一項任務是綜合數據以了解為何英國的終身犯人數高於歐洲其他國家.

She'll also be responsible for insuring everything is ok with women lifers in this prison. I don't know if anything else you want to say, Helen!
她還負責推動本獄終身犯的管理.不曉得還有什麼要補充的,海倫!

Helen : Just to reemphasize what Karen said. I hope we can work together and just to say. Although I'm here part of area management. I'm not here to get involved running Larkhall in any way. No more responsible to the prisoner's governor. Just think me as a "civilian" worker. That's all. 只是再強調一下凱倫所說的重點.希望能和大家一起共事.雖然我因服務於區域管理而在此,但並不會涉入拉寇的管理.也不會向典獄長呈報.把我當做是社工人員就可以了.
Karen : OK! Good! 好吧!
Helen : And then. Leave it to you. 那麼,我先離開.
Karen : Yes. Of cause. 好的.

Jim Fenner以他的私人特別服務,再度向Yvonne行賄.她早就有備而來,在球場上拍了照片,打算反將一軍,制住Fenner.這集標題The Setup,一開始似乎是為Fenner的寫照.可惜她最後功虧一簣,落到被抓回來.



另一位擅權腐化的資深員工則在另一廂作威作福:
Bodybag : Alright! Let's have you. 好了!妳們出來吧.
Nikki : In your dreams. Love! 在妳的夢中吧,親愛的!(如果是Helen來說,Nikki的回應絕對不一樣)
Bodybag : Less of your lip! Wade. and you report to the officer's office after breakfast. 少貧嘴!魏!還有,妳,早餐後去辦公室報到.
Babara : What for? 為什麼?

Bodybag : Got yourself a new job, cleaner. 給妳新工作,清潔工.
Babara : What? How? 什麼?怎麼回事?
Bodybag : If you got any complaint talk to your union. 妳想抱怨請找工會.
Babara :I had a good mind to complain about her. She is so rude. 我才想抱怨她.她真粗魯.
Nikki : She hasn't even started yet, come on! 她還沒發威呢,走吧!

Helen來餐廳探視,馬上被熟識的受刑人認出,大家一擁而上,連以前老是抱怨的Crystal都表示歡迎.
Zandra and Crystal : Good to see you again, Miss Steward. 真高興再見到妳,司徒女士.
Helen : Yeah. Zan. Cry. 是啊,珊,克.
Zandra : Things have been changed since you,ve left. 妳走了以後改變很多.
Crystal : Are you back in charge? 妳是重回來接掌?
Helen : Not exactly. Look! I love to chat right now. But I got things to do. I'll see you later. 不是的.我很想再聊.但有些事要處理.待會見.

有何要事呢?
Helen : Hello! 嗨!
Nikki : Do you want to come back my place? 妳想到「我房裡」去嗎?
(看她放電的眼神.天呀,我幾乎要說Nikki像色瞇瞇的怪叔叔.Helen看她公然調情,快要忍俊不住.)

Helen隨著Nikki到她的囚室.進門之前微微看了Nikki的臀部.在106還有幕更明顯的鏡頭,請回去溫故知新.

Helen : So, come on! How come you're still in basic. You not worked out yet how to be a good girl. 怎麼了!妳怎麼還待在一樓.還不知道要怎麼學乖.
Nikki : Well! You know me Helen. As long as my gulp open up. I'm getting into trouble. 妳了解我,海倫.只要我還有口氣在,我就是會惹麻煩.
Helen : Fenner. Nikki! Just keep out his way. 是費拿.尼琪,妳要避開他.
Nikki : Yeah! I'll try. 好,我儘量.
Helen : hm... 嗯...

Nikki : Look! Helen. Don't think I don't appreciated what you are trying to do for me. I got more reasons to get out here more than I ever had, but the reality is it's going to be 9 yrs before they let me out. 我很感激妳為我作的努力.我比以前有更強烈的出獄動機,但現實是還要9年才能出獄.
Helen : This job gives me access to lifers here that means your files, trial details, direction by judge, updates these on parol, everything. 我的職務讓我可以接觸終身犯的檔案、審判細節、法官的意見、律師的答辯...所有的資料.
Nikki : So? 所以呢?
Helen : So maybe I can find something that will get you out here. 或許我能找到救妳出去的方法.
Nikki : Like a magic key. 例如,神奇的鑰匙.
(Nikki暗示Helen幫助她逃獄,這是Helen最不認同的方式.這一集反而是Yvonne本有機會從Jim Fenner之助而逃脫.......)
Helen : Oh! Come on. Nikki, I'm serious. 哦!別鬧了,尼琪,我說真的. 
Nikki : Helen, I know what I'm missing and I'm not prepared to spend the next 9 yrs living in false hope expecting to get out early. 海倫,我知道少了什麼,我不打算未來9年都活在肖想提早出獄的虛幻夢想.
Helen : It's won't be false hope if we make it happen. 如果我們努力,可能就不是虛幻夢想.
Nikki : Maybe I think I'm lucky. 或許我還是幸運的.
Helen : Lucky? 幸運?

Nikki : I'm locked up in here. I can still touch you. 我被關起來.我還是可以碰得到妳.(Nikki此舉,本是人之常情,但Helen甩開了Nikki的手.)
Helen : No, Nikki! Look! I know that I'm not a governor anymore but you're still a prisoner. We still have to be careful. 不,尼琪!我雖不是典獄長,但妳還是犯人.我們還是得小心.(這就是戲劇的張力,絕不違法的Helen,遇上率性的Nikki.)
Nikki : Yeah! I know. I understand that! 是!我知道,我了解!(一顆心,差點粉碎在地上)
Helen : Look! If there is anything in those files, a witness that wasn't brought forward, evidence was left out. I'll find it. 如果還有沒呈現的檔案或證詞,或是遺漏的證物.我會找出來.
Nikki : Thank you! 謝謝妳.
Helen : I got go, I'll see you. 我該走了,再見.
Nikki : See you. 再見.

Jim Fenner在門外虎視眈眈.他自從目睹Helen探視Nikki,早已疑心她們的關係.
Jim : Helen! Glad to be back. 海倫,很高興回來吧.
Helen : OH! No, not entirely but there is no reason I should have anything to do with you at all, is there, Jim..噢!不完全是,但是應該與你沒有一點關係,吉姆...
Jim : It's up to you. I know you didn't come back to Larkhall to see me. How's the reunion? By the way. 隨便妳.我知道妳不是為了我回來拉寇.妳們的會面情形如何?
Helen : Sorry? 什麼?
Jim : You and Wade. I have to admit I didn't realized. You were that way inclined, the signs were there. I supposed. 妳和魏.我承認之前沒看出來,妳有那種傾向.我想早有跡象.

Helen : I have had enough of this conversation, Jim. 我不想再和你扯,吉姆.
Jim : Be careful, Helen. No one wants to make embarrassing discoveries, do they? 小心,海倫.沒有人願意醜事被看出,對吧?
Helen : Don't you worry about me. 別擔心我.
Jim : Well, enough! Only I take it Simon's up to speed on the situation, Is he? 夠了!如果向賽門報告,就可更快露饀.
Helen : Look! Not that it's any of your business. But for the record since I left. Yes. I have written too and I have visited Nikki Wade and I have informed the governor. Not doing so would have been unprofessional, wouldn't it, Jim.不干你的事.從我離職後,是的,我寫過信也探視過尼琪魏,我向典獄長報備過.沒有不專業的事情,吉姆.
Jim : Absolutely right? You know me I like to do things by the book.是嗎?我喜歡照規定行事.(螢幕前一片開汽水的聲音:胡扯!)

從第二季安排到第三季的最大伏筆,就是Babara的日記.
Nikki : I have never known anyone to write so much? 我從來沒看過有人寫這麼多?
Babara : It helps me, all to get things clear in my head not mixed up. 這幫助我釐清腦中的事情,不會攪亂.
Nikki : That's what the diary does. 這是日記的功能.
Babara : I have always kept diary. Things make sense when you write them in your diary. 我一直都有寫日記.寫在日記裡,事情就變得有條理.
Nikki : Anything makes sense in this place would be a bloody good read. 在這裡任何有條理的東西都會很好看.
Babara : When I get out of here, I want to use my notes to write a book I intend to make sure people know what really goes on in here. 當我離開,我想用我的筆記出書,讓別人知道這裡發生的事實.
Nikki : This is the last place I want to think about when I get out. 我離開後根本不會回想這裡.
Babara : I don't suppose. I won't have much else to occupy my time..我不會.我沒其他事可以消磨時間...
Nikki : hm? Why that is it? 嗯?怎麼說?

Babara : There is no one really waiting for me out there. No one and nothing. 沒有人在外面等著我.沒有任何事物.
Nikki : No family? 沒有家人?
Babara : I left my first husband when I met Peter. Peter was a lovely man. Do you believe in soul mates, Nikki? 我遇見彼得便離開第一任丈夫.彼得是很可愛的人.妳相信心靈伴侶嗎,尼琪?
Nikki : Yeah, I think so. 是的,我相信.
Babara : Someone who sees the world just the way you do. They don't even have to be there with you some how you are just aware of them, someone you always meant to be with.Well! That was Peter. 有人就是和你的觀點一樣.他們不必和你在一起,你能感覺出,就是要和他在一起.這就是彼得.
Nikki : Sounds nice. 聽起來不錯.

Babara : It was wonderful and then we found out he'd got cancer. He was dying he was in such pain toward the end. It was almost more than either of us could bare. It wasn't murder. I knew God wouldn't see it as murder. But what I did do was kill the only man I could ever love, my soul mate. And the loneliness is much more punishment than this place could ever be. So writing would give me a purpose in life. Keeps me sense. 一切都很好,直到我們發現他得癌症.他快病死了,非常痛苦地走向生命盡頭.我們都承受不住.這不是謀殺.我知道上帝不會視為謀殺.我確實殺了我唯一深愛的人,我的心靈伴侶.孤寂帶來的懲罰,比監禁還重.寫作給了我生活的目的.讓我理智.
Nikki : You tell it as it is, just make sure the screws don't get a sneak preview and that there is nothing in there about me. 妳就寫吧,只要別讓獄卒偷看,還有,不要寫到我.(這句話是個大陰影.Babara並沒有提到Nikki的名字,但是她的功力不及達文西秘碼,最後還是被Jim Fenner找到玄機.)

當Jim Fenner想用老步數,要脅Yvonne付錢換取特別會客室.Yvonne早把球場上的偷拍照片貼在牆上,嚇得Fenner想用蠻力制服女人.可是她強悍到一手擋下攻擊,還反手要脅對方要助她逃獄.



Yvonne到了公開場合,還不斷運用心戰喊話,搞得Fenner方寸大亂.
Yvonne : You ain't seen my Charlie? Have you? Nikki. 妳沒看過的查理,是嗎?尼琪.
Nikki : NO, I haven't. 沒看過.
Yvonne : Yeah! Look, he sent me these pictures of himself playing golf. He loves his golf, does my Charlie? You play golf, don't you, Mr. Fenner? Here. Have a look. Maybe you two bumped into each other you never know. This is a small world. 看,他寄給我他打高爾夫球的照片.他好愛打高爾夫球,不是嗎?你不也打高爾夫球,費拿先生?來看.說不定你們曾在球場上

另一方面,Helen研究Nikki的檔案,由Nikki的畫外音帶出當時的自白:

"I stuck what was left of the broken bottle in his neck. He fell to his knees he was trying to hold the blood in with his hands. I could tell straight away he didn't have a chance. There was a hell of a lot of blood. I don't regret spilling a single drop of it. He tried asking me to help him, stupid bastard. I phoned the police then while we waited I told him why I stabbed him. He knew anyway. I told him anyway. He tried to rape Trisha. And you lot weren't gonna do anything about it, were you? He was one of your copper, I'm glad the bastard is dead."

我把剩下的破瓶子刺到他頸子.他跌倒下來想要手去止住血.我看得出他沒辦法了.流了好多的血.我不在乎他流的每一滴血.他還要求我幫他,混蛋.我打電話報了警,我們一起等待時,我告訴他為什麼要刺他.其實他知道.我還是告訴他.他想強暴崔西亞.你們不會出手處理,對吧?他也是個警察.我還真高興他死了.

關於這段情節,可同時參考S1E04 The Victim 受害者,Nikki對Monica的口述.

Karen來關心Helen的工作.
Helen : Shit. 糟了.
Karen : Burning in the midnight oil already. 準備挑燈夜戰.
Helen : I just got a load to speed on. 很多事情需要加速.
Karen : I wonder if you fancy a drink? But if you're busy. 想不想喝一杯?如果不忙的話.(外國人似乎認為在辦公室內放一瓶酒並無傷大雅,既使是公職人員.)
Helen : I'm never too busy for that. I'd love one. 喝酒那裡會嫌忙.我想喝一杯.(Helen喝酒的鏡頭好像出現過三四次,好喝的她遇上開酒吧的Nikki算是絕配.)

這兩個女中豪傑舉杯相敬,頗有惺惺相惜之味.
Karen : You know when I meant this morning, Helen, anything I can do to help. That's what I'm here for. And that goes for the officers, too. Anything gives you problem, just let me know. Some of officers never read beyond the word jailer in the job description and little that interest in prison's welfare.
Helen : How do you get along with Jim Fenner? 妳和吉姆費拿處得如何?
Karen: You know Shell Dockley withdrew her allegation against him. 妳知道雪兒杜撤銷對他的指控.

Helen : I think Jim Fenner got the look of the devil, though I doubt it is just a look. 我覺得吉姆費拿看起來邪門,有可能只是外表吧.
Karen : Well either way. He has been going about job like a model officer since his suspension was lifted. 不管如何,自從他復職後,一直表現得像模範員工.
Helen : As far as you know. 目前妳看得到的.
Karen : Maybe. I do know. I was glad to have him around when a woman HIV come after me using syringe of her blood. 或許吧.但是當愛滋帶原者用感染的血液威脅我時,我很慶幸他能在現場.
Helen : I heard he passed on the medal too. Just watching him, Karen, he is a sly bastard. 聽說他被獎勵了.注意他,凱倫,他很狡滑.
Karen : Oh! I know. 哦,我知道.

Helen帶來壞消息,Nikki還在狀況外耍帥.
Helen : I need to talk to you. 我要和妳談一下.
Nikki : Anytime. 隨時奉陪.
Helen : Do you know how long you are going to be in here before anyone even thinks about reviewing your case. 妳知道妳要待多久,才會有人想到重審妳的案子?
Nikki : What are you talking about. 妳說什麼?
Helen : 10 years. That's judge's decision. That's nine more years not until they set you free, but before anyone can even considers it. 10年.這是法官的意見.這9年還不是到期就放妳出獄,而是才開始考慮能不能放.

Nikki : Can't be. 不可能.
Helen : Believe me. I've seen your files and with your attitude in here they could keep you in here for another 15-20 years.相信我.我看過妳的檔案,還有妳的態度,他們可以再關妳15-20年.
Nikki : What? 什麼?
Helen : That's not the worst of it. Letting you go is up to the home secretary. You killed a police officer. It means that they might never let you out of here. 這不是最糟的.妳的去留由總部秘書長決定.妳殺了警察.他們可能永遠不放妳出去.

Nikki : Jesus. I said I was a hopeless case. 天呀.我早說過這案子沒希望.
Helen : You are not a hopeless case. Nikki, it is going to be a difficult forming an appeal! I saw the statement you made to police. You didn't do yourself any favors. The judge said: "It was a cold blooded murder." See, he was right, is that what you are "cold blooded killer". 妳的案子並非沒希望.尼琪,要上訴確實很困難.我看過妳對警方的證詞.陷自己於不利.法官說:這是冷血謀殺.妳是冷血殺手,他說對了嗎?
Nikki : Of cause. I'm not. 我當然不是.

Nikki面對惡耗,讓她更有理由尋求肢體的撫慰,Helen也明白不能再閃躲慰藉.兩人退到繪圖室.請注意Helen進門時的演出:她把肩上的背帶抖下來,把背包就甩在地下....火力全開!










急燥的Nikki動手想解Helen的扣子,一付我倆沒有明天,只活在當下的意味.
Nikki : It's alright. We're safe here. Don't worry. 沒關係.我們很安全.別擔心.
Helen : It's not that. 不是這個意思.
Nikki: Then, what is it? You've got off me now. 那是什麼意思?妳把我打斷了.
Helen : Nikki! Sit down. I need to talk to you. 尼琪,坐下來,我要和妳談談.
Nikki : Talking is what you do afterwards. 談話是「之後」的事情.
Helen : Please! 拜託!

我也很同情Nikki.情慾像拉滿的弓箭正待發射,突然在高點收手,後座力很傷人啊.
Nikki: Ok! So, what do you want to talk about? 好吧,妳想談什麼?
Helen : Us. What are we doing? 我們.我們在做什麼?
Nikki : What are we not doing? you mean? 我們在做什麼?妳是指?
Helen : Nikki! I need you to understand. You turn my life inside out. I thought I knew which way I was going. I was doing a job that I want to do. I was committed to the man I loved. There is no sign post anymore, I don't know what to expect. Except it won't be normal. 尼琪,我需要妳明白.妳把我的世界搞亂了.我以為我知道人生方向,從事喜歡的工作,守著我愛的男人.突然失去了指標.不曉得要期待什麼.只曉得變得不再尋常.(表白用這種開場是個險招,讓人以為是抱怨.)
Nikki : So, what's normal? a husband, a job, 2 and 4 kids?什麼是正常?一個丈夫,一份工作,二~四個小孩?
Helen : I want a kid one day. 我希望有一天能有孩子.(沒想到這集播映十年之後,兩位演員先後生子.)

Nikki : You can still have them. There are ways. Look! Helen, you're not abnormal. You are not normal. You're just you. You do what you want to do , what you feel..妳還是可以.總有辦法.海倫,妳既不是反常,也不是正常.妳就是妳.妳就去做妳想做的,妳想...(可能導演希望用捧頰來加強情緒,所以我們看到這裡Nikki捧一次,接下來Helen捧一次.)
Helen : I want to do what's best for both of us. 我想做對我們最有益的事.

Nikki : And this is. But Helen, relationships need both people involved them. Sometimes I feel I like I'm on my own. I need to know you are not going through the emotions. 這就是了.但海倫,關係需要倆人一起努力.有時我覺得只有我一個人.我要知道妳不是感情放過就算了.(這是Nikki在抱怨Helen都不讓人抱抱嗎?)
Helen : Don't worry. I'm not. Nikki, if I didn't feel the way I feel. I won't be talking like this. 別擔心.我不會.尼琪,如果我沒有動心,我不會談這些.(Helen也來捧著Nikki的臉)

Helen : I got go. 我要走了.
Nikki : Yeah! Sure. 是啊.
Helen : What's this? What's matter? 什麼意思?怎麼回事?
Nikki : You're trying to get me out of here. 妳想救我出去.
Helen : I will get you out of here. 我會救妳出去.
Nikki : It's great, Helen, but you can't get your job description. 很好,海倫,但這不是妳的工作內容.
Helen : Can't I ? Watch me. 我做不到嗎?看著我.

Nikki : I don't want you ruin your career over me. 我不要妳為了的毀了前途.
Helen : So what are you going to do? Tell the governor that I'm helping you to formulate an appeal. That's a new one. 妳有何打算?告訴典獄長我要幫妳準備上訴.這可新鮮.
Nikki : I don't want you get into trouble.我不要妳惹上麻煩.
Helen : Let me make a deal with you. I won't get into trouble if you don't. 我們來交換條件.如果妳不惹麻煩,我就不惹麻煩.
Nikki : You don't give up, do you? 妳就是不放棄,對吧?

這一集的另一場高潮是Yvonne好不容易假借Charlie癌症重病,得以外出探病.當她正準備從女廁潛逃,可惜Fenner發現Charlie被逮捕,趕緊在最後一刻抓回Yvonne.仔細看這一幕,她彎腰及地的總高度頗大,門板下方空隙應該是故意拉高,製造Yvonne能低身潛逃的視覺錯覺.

Zandra在劇中倒地抽搐,終於換得獄方願意送往醫院進行斷層掃瞄徹底檢查.Zandra回來像是沒事的人,但顯然Karen已經知道檢查結果,表情極不自然.
Crystal : Zandra, How are you, girl? 珊德拉,怎麼樣?
Karen : She is a bit of tire. She'd better go lie down. 她有點累了.她該躺下來.
Crystal : Oh! Fine. Honesty. 噢!我真的很好.
Nikki : How're you feeing? 感覺如何
Zandra : Doctor just gave me painkillers. Seemed done the tricks. 醫生只給了止痛劑,好像沒有招數了.
Crystal : What did they say? 他們怎麼說?.....
鏡頭拉到Karen的表情,預告山雨欲來.